DELLA is committed to ensuring that all students receive support to adjust to life and study at Della International College. An orientation program will be compulsory for all students prior to starting their course.
Orientation programs will be conducted at the beginning of each course intake. Where a student is admitted to a course late, the Campus Manager will go through the orientation on an individual basis.
DELLA will ensure that the orientation program is culturally sensitive so as not to offend any student or their families
The orientation program will include information provided through a power point presentation on:
- details of internal and external support services available to assist in the transition into life and study. Such services include welfare services, accommodation services, academic and career advice, IT support, and student learning assistance, English language support and social inclusion activities.
- legal, emergency and health services facilities and resources organisational policies and procedures including course progress, attendance monitoring, deferral, suspension and cancellation, course transfer and complaints and appeals and any student visa conditions relating to course progress
Students are provided with a range of learning support options and resources to help them meet course requirements and maintain attendance. This includes:
- Mentoring from appropriately qualified trainers including their phone and email contact details.
- Tutorial support assistance.
- Computer and technology support.
- Referral to external support services
Where a student is identified as not meeting course requirements, the procedures for dealing with students at risk are identified in the DELLA Course Progress.
Welfare services can include services that address the mental, physical, social and spiritual well-being of students. These services may include, through direct provision or referral, information/advice about: accommodation, counselling, crisis services, disabilities and equity issues, financial matters, legal issues, medical issues, mental health, peer mentoring, programs promoting social interaction, religious and spiritual matters, and stress-management. It may also include advice on academic and study issues.
DELLA offers a referral service to Life Resolutions for counselling.
Services will be provided at no additional cost to the student.
For Support Services call 03 9329 9430 during office hours from Mon-Sun 9.00am-5.00pm
For Emergency / Critical Incident please contact 0413 260 104 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org